Monday, October 6, 2008

Another little bite

Here is another little bit of my story...I'll leave it up for a bit, and if you happen to miss it, just let me know and I'll get it to you! ENJOY!! PS: This is Jason's beginning...the story flips between his and Kyla's point of view...its pretty cool...

If the sun hadn’t been so bright at noon, I could have slept all day. I wanted to. I hated my life, I hated everything about it. Everything I had worked for had been ripped from my hands. Stupid women…nothing but trouble. Every girl I’d ever known had caused me grief in one way or another. I couldn’t stand the sun in my face any longer. I rolled out of bed and saw my phone on the dresser across the room, with the little red light flashing. Great, I thought, $20 says it’s the lawyers…again. This whole divorce was giving me a constant migraine. I flipped my phone open…yep, I was right. Of my five missed calls, three were from the lawyers, and the other two were from my assistant down in LA. I was trying hard to avoid her, but she was persistent. Pretty soon she’d be having my agent calling, and I really didn’t want to talk to Phil.

Just then, my phone went off again. Fabulous, just the person I didn’t want to talk to. “Hey Phil” I said trying not to let the annoyance come through in my voice just yet. “Jason, where are you? You were supposed to be in LA two hours ago! Do you have any idea what time it is?!?!?!” Obviously I didn’t…either that or I didn’t care because I was obviously still in Sumerland at my beach house avoiding the world. I was doing a pretty good job at it too. I finally glanced at the clock to see what the exact time was. “Well Phil, its about 12:26 PM, and I’m guessing this isn’t just a social call.” I guess I should be nicer…I mean I’m pretty sure one of these days Phil is going to have a heart attack and it will probably be my fault. We both knew that I was supposed to be in LA right now, and we both also knew I wasn’t going to make it. “Jason, these meetings are important. If you want more work, you have to meet with these directors and producers so they can give you work…you’re not here, you don’t get work.” He tried to sound nice, maybe even respectful. “Well maybe I don’t want to work anymore. Maybe I want to just stay here in Summerland and live out the rest of my life in peace and quiet.” I was walking over to the medicine cabinet and pulled out a little orange bottle and dropped a couple of Zantex into the palm of my hand. I really hated relying on these stupid little pills to get me through the day, but without them I was useless. Nothing seemed to phase me these days.

Any way...let me know what you think...

3 comments:

Kar said...

Ooooh, very cool! I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there with your writing. Very brave. I've decided to wait to write. I just...need to have a stronger desire. And more time and quiet. Pete gave me an ultimatum, which I completely ignored. :) He's the pressure man.

Amy said...

So intriguing... And I love your new blog look. Very sophisticated. And also I tagged you, so in all your spare time you can blog more. He!

Kar said...

P.S., Suz, I nominated you for a blog award. Look on my blog under the post entitled "Lost in Translation."