Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shall We Dance?

The music pumped out a quick beat that was easy to dance to...the room felt like Raleigh in the heat of August just after a rainstorm. I looked around at all the people squished together around me like we were sardines. Then I saw him...again. I had seen him several times that night, he was tall, and had great brown eyes. He pulled off the preppie look well, especially with his faux-hawk. Just then, as luck would have it a slow song started. Our eyes met and he walked towards me....and then he walked past me and asked the girl behind me to dance.

Okay...so I have seen the above done before. I kinda like it... a little blip from my own head at a moment in my real life. I'll see if I like it enough to continue...
Any way...back to the real subject of today...Institute dances. I know that you are DYING to know how it went. Even if most of you didn't know I even went to a dance on Friday night. Well, I remembered why I kind of have issues with them these days. I feel kind of old. I know, I know, I'm not old, I'm only 23, but all the guys there seem like they either haven't gone on their missions yet, or are just back from them. So, all the guys are past my 1 1/2 year limit I have set. (I won't date a guy more than a year and a half younger than me.)
And, I am SUPER self concious about my dancing. I feel like an idiot a lot of times, like I can't dance (because I truly believe that I can't dance). So, now there really is no point for me to go to the institute dances.
It was okay. I mean I danced with a few guys that were pretty cute. But no guys I'd want to date, and really, that's the reason they have those dances. But, over all it was fun. I probably won't go to another one unless I am REALLY bored...but probably not.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I had no idea that you even went to a dance, how lame is that? Anyway- I agree with the whole dance thing. I never really enjoyed them much either. There are plenty of other ways to meet guys. You don't have to torture yourself!

Nat said...

I always hated institute dances. I think I went to one, maybe two, at USU. LAME!! I agree with Amy-so many other ways to meet guys!

Kar said...

I agree with the other two. Reading your description made me shudder at the horrible memories. :) Dances are only fun if you're doing a big group date first, in my opinion. Then you all go to the dance and dance together.