Thursday, October 23, 2008

Explanation

I sighed and tried to think of what else might possibly go wrong and just brace myself for it to happen. I figured if I was prepared for all horrible possibilities than nothing else can surprise me.

Okay, I feel I must explain a little bit. So, last week at work they laid off 34 people. This was not a terrible surprise to me, only that I was involved. They pulled me in and told me that I was supposed to be one of the 34, but they didn't want to lose me, so they had arranged for me to work at the plant next door until sales went up and they could afford to bring me back. It was the weirdest feeling in the world! Part of me was freaking out because I had been laid off, and at the same time I felt at peace because I knew that I had a job still.
I have since started working at the other plant and it is a lot of fun. There are a lot more people there than at the plant I was working in. So, things were all fine and good until Wednesday when we took my car in because it has been heating up like WAY bad, just from driving around town. Yeah, we were hoping it was just a fan...but alas that would not be my luck. Nope, it was the head gasket...so, I am without my car for the rest of the week and it has been a pain. Fortunately, God has blessed me with an amazing sister who happens to have a car lying around not being driven. She is wonderful and has let me borrow it until I get my car back. Thank Heavens! I hate not having a car! It is most annoying.
And then, if all this wasn't enough, I had to go to the dentist and they did four fillings on my top front teeth...PAINFUL! Oh my gosh my mouth is still sore...two days later. And so, they wanted me to come in ASAP and get 3 crowns put on some other teeth...so they set up the appointment for Wednesday and I am thinking its NEXT Wednesday. I told them I would have to change it because I didn't know what my schedule would be like (I went in on my first day at the new plant)...yeah, they meant THIS Wednesday. They didn't even give me 24 hours to cancel it! I was so irritated with them! Plus, we don't even know if I really even need the 3 crowns they want to put on! I really really can't afford to have any more dental work than is absolutely necessary. So yeah...they are punks and my life sucks for a minute, any way. But, its all good because once you hit the bottom, you can only go up from there. Now the question is...when will I hit the bottom?

2 comments:

Nat said...

I'm glad they could transfer you instead of you losing your job. Sorry about the head gasket-that bites! And sorry that biting hurts right now with your teeth. When it rains it pours, eh?

Kar said...

Like Nat said, when it rains, it pours. Always, always, always. I hope things start looking up. So nice of your sis to lend you her car. And dang! That is a lot of dental work! I should thank my lucky stars that I haven't needed any lately...knock on wood.