Monday, November 10, 2008

The Rest of the Story

So sorry this is so stinkin' long, I didn't mean for that to happen, but it's good, I promise!

Should I go talk to him or not? No, I should let him come talk to me, and if he never does than its all good...obviously he's not worth talking to. He is pretty cute, though. I should at least say hi and talk to him for a minute...but I'm such a wimp...no I won't go talk to him...

Okay, so I think I might have blogged about this in minor detail like forever ago. So, I used to work with this girl and she had this dream that I met someone in November and got engaged, and the wedding was supposed to be in February. I laughed. Oh, I laughed hard and told her it would never happen. EVER. Then she said "Hey, isn't your friend getting married in November? Maybe you'll meet him there". I continued to laugh and told her that if that were to ever happen, she'd be the first to know.

Here's a music video from the Fray while you breathe for a minute and don't get sick of my super long story....B, you will appreciate this one:




So, let us fast forward to my friends wedding. Friday night was the dinner, instead of in between the wedding and the reception. It was beautiful. I got there early and was chillin' with Jen's sisters. I'm practically a member of their family, so I was right at home. This guy walks in and he looks like one of Barbie's little sister's boyfriends. NO JOKE. It was kind of funny. So, we were joking about that for a while and I thought he was kind of cute, but nothing beyond that. So Jen and Zac made everyone introduce themselves and say how you know them and what not and this guy is a friend of Zac's and is taking the pictures for him. Oh, and his dad teaches at my old high school, and has taught there for FOREVER. My oldest brother had him for drivers ed.
So, I talk to him for like a minute when he comes around taking pictures of everyone that was there and then I take off to go help finish setting up for the reception at a church up in Provo. So, I go have fun and get home at about 1:00 AM and go straight to bed because I have to get to the temple by 9:30. It shouldn't be hard to get up and be to the temple by 9:30AM, but apparently I am just that special. I woke up at 9:40 AM. The sealing was at 10:00 AM. There was no way I was going to make it. So I get ready really quick because I am not going to miss seeing Jen at the temple. I was pretty much in tears most of the way there. I don't know how I could possibly miss my best friends wedding! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? About half way there, I was thinking about the dream I'd had the night before. I had this dream with Edward from Twilight and Zac Efron in it, and this photographer guy...it was so strange. Any way, I get there and we wait. I'm kinda looking for the photographer because now I want to see him since I had a dream with him in it...he's kinda on my mind now, and I don't see him. I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be there, since he's the photographer and all.
Well, we go out and Jen and Zac come out and there's the photographer. He looked good. He was wearing jeans (hence why he wasn't waiting in the waiting area with the rest of the wedding party) and so we take some pictures and then I head home until the reception. I'm going to skip the boring parts, but pretty much I kinda felt like he was watching me-not in a stalkerish way- but you know how when someone notices you, but they don't want you to notice them noticing you? Yeah, that kind of thing. So, the whole reception I am trying to decide if I should go talk to him. B thinks he has the chicken voice bad...ha ha ha, I don't do well talking to guys I think are cute. So, I was standing there and he comes up and is like "So, what are you up to?" and I ask "What do you mean?" And he says "School, work, what are you up to?" and that was the begining of our conversation that lasted quite a while...I don't even really know how long we stood there talking, but it was awhile. He goes to USU (My other most favorite place EVER!) and has been home from his mission for about a year and a half. And the reason he wasn't in the temple was because he forgot his reccomend in Logan, so he couldn't go. So I still felt bad, but not as bad knowing that I wasn't the only one who had to miss it. He seems like a way cool guy.
So, after our conversation a couple of my friends who were helping in the kitchen come up to me and say "Ooooh! We saw you talking to cute photographer boy! That's it, you are going to catch Jen's boquet and you're going to marry him!" and I laughed because that's what I do when people say impossible things to me. and I said "Yeah right. Its not going to happen" and I walked away.

Pause and watch this lovely video before you want to shoot me for writing a freaking novel!


Let us fast forward to the end of the reception, Jen is going to throw the boquet, and to make it more fair she's throwing it off the balcony down to us single girls down below. Yeah, it came right at me, I couldn't help but catch it. So, I caught the boquet which started a whole new round of taunts that I was going to marry this guy I just barely met. It will be interesting to see what happens, I guess.
Oh, BTW, I'm going up to Logan to hang out with him this weekend. Me and Fort have needed a good excuse to go up, so I'm going to go hang out with cute photographer boy!

5 comments:

Kar said...

How exciting! Dude, wouldn't that be NUTS if your friend's dream came true?? Some dreams do. My husband's dreams ALWAYS come true. He dreamed his mom was going to break her arm, and one week later, SHE DID. Seriously!

Soozee Carmichael said...

Oh, PS, there's a picture of him on my last post, My Best Friends Wedding Part 2...

Nat said...

How fun! Dude, everyone dreams about meeting guys at wedding receptions, and that kind of thing never happens...except to you! Keep us posted through posts!

Amy said...

"Charlie bit me... and it still hurts." K, I am still laughing. But I am glad that you had a good time at the reception. So what is the cute photographer boy's name? When are you heading up to Logan? Is game night off? If so I completely understand. It may be time to go make your (and someone else's) dream come true. Go get 'em! And be safe and cautious and have fun, but keep your wits about you. We still need to make sure the little sister is careful!

Soozee Carmichael said...

Cute photographer guy does have a name, and I even know what it is! You will all laugh too. His name is Brian. I was talking to my sister and we decided that if I dated him, we might have to actually call him Brian, instead of shortening it like the other two in the family. Especially since his last name begins with an F and we can't call him BF...that just doesn't work...