Tuesday, March 18, 2008

when I grow up...

So, ever since I was a kid I always wanted to be one of three things: A writer, a teacher, or a dancer (probably of the ballerina type although I don't really remember). However, none of these professions really offer you any sort of substantial income, and I really can't dance...especially since I have the build of a football player. So, I am left to the same question when thinking about what I should do for college...what do I want to be when I "grow up"?? I've seriously considered photography, but there is also a lot of things that might prevent me from that, so at this point I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. You don't really need a degree to write, or to really take pictures either, so I know I need to go back to school, I just don't know what to go back for...any suggestions??

2 comments:

Amy said...

Let's see.... Pastry chef, roller coaster engineer, Saavy shopper, movie critic, Baptist preacher (just kidding!), or maybe a professional organizer. You can also browse through the majors at UVSC and see if anything else sparks your interest. I'm sure you'll figure it out!

Nat said...

I would take some gen eds, first to get you into the swing of school again, and second to see which classes you really enjoy. You could get a degree that would earn you money and support the hobby/interest, like become an editor, but then it would help your writing skills as you become a world-famous author like Ms. Rowling! Whatever you choose, you'll do great!