Monday, March 17, 2008

The Singles Ward

I have officially joined the singles ward. I don't know exactly how I feel about that. A guy that is a returned missionary seems a lot younger now then it did before I served a mission...that could be the difference I guess.
But yeah, they all wanted to me come to ward "stare"...I mean prayer, but fortunately for me I already had plans. Singles wards are such interesting things. While I was gone they split the singles ward so now there is 2 of them and someone was talking to me about how great it is, and I said "Really, thinking about it, isn't that a bad thing? Because the purpose of a singles ward is to get people married off, so if you have so many singles that you have to split the ward and make 2 isn't actually a good thing...is it..."
I don't know...I guess we'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe I will meet my future husband there or something...

3 comments:

Nat said...

Have you seen "The Singles 2nd Ward"? It's worth a gander. After college I went to a singles ward and there were two here, too. One was creepy, and the other was awesome. I chose the awesome one to attend, even though it was farther from my house to go to.

Pete said...

Yeah, now that you mention it, how pathetic is it that a ward whose entire purpose is to get people married off has failed so miserably that it divided? Yeah weird. By the way, 23 by Jimmy Eat World sounds a lot like Pictures of Me by The Cure. Look into it.

Amy said...

Or maybe in Provo- when are you moving on up? And how is the job hunt going? Any word from the Osmonds?