Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Speed Dating

I don't know exactly what possessed me to come to this. Regional Activities and I do not have a good history. Plus, I doubt Digger will be there...so why should I go? ..... Wow, these "dates" seem to be taking forever. Hey wait a second...that looks like....no way! It totally is...I'm 2 "dates" away from Digger! Oh wow, I'm a little excited, I'm totally not gonna lie...is it bad I can't even remember the name of the guy sitting in front of me? Ha ha ha, I love that look that Digger just gave me...the 'I can't really talk to you from across the room, but I see you and this is me noticing you' look, yep, the same look I see every Sunday during Sacrament Meeting...

I honestly don't know why I went. My plan was to stay for a few minutes and then leave because I had TONS of homework to do. BUT, I went, and quickly realized that when you go to a speed dating activity, you are in it for the long haul. The one bright spot of the evening was when Digger was the guy sitting across from me, we had been texting earlier that day and kind of picked up the conversation from there. He's super busy for the next two weeks, so I probably won't be seeing much of him outside of church, but just as the buzzer was going off to switch dates, I said something to the effect of, "You know you want to hang out with me, and you know that you love hanging out with me." to which he replied "2 weeks, just 2 weeks" as he got up to move to the next girl. *sigh* I find it interesting that what I thought I knew about how Digger is around everyone is not necessarily how he is around everyone, so much as how he acts around me. For an example, I went to dinner tonight with my best friend. I haven't talked to her in months and I think I briefly mentioned to her who he was when I very first met him. Any way, she has two younger sisters in my ward that I talk to on a fairly regular basis. I thought they had met Digger, and I was pretty sure I remember them talking to him once or twice. Apparently not. Jen was telling me how one of her sisters mentioned that Digger has come up when I've been talking to them, and talked to me...and only me. I know he's an outgoing person, I see him talk to other people...maybe he just doesn't talk to everyone....but several people have mentioned that he goes out of his way to talk to me, or to at least let me know he sees me passing by. I really like that he notices when I pass by...any way...it just made me laugh that Jen had already heard some things about Digger. We had a good laugh, and she mentioned that she was glad he recognized that I am a truly awesome person (because why else would he go out of his way to get to know me, and talk to me). He is the one guy that I know doesn't come by just because I'm a fabulous cook. In fact last night he told me that every time I make my fabulous Chocolate tarts I ruin his diet, so he won't be coming by next time I make them...that's when I mentioned that he loves hanging out with me and he knows he really wants to hang out with me...ha ha ha. So funny! I spend a lot of time talking about Digger...sorry guys. He's kind of been on my mind a lot lately. He is a pretty fantastic guy, and hopefully in 2 weeks when I am done with midterms and he is done with whatever project he is working on for work we can get together and do something fabulously fun!! And I will post about it, I'm sure, because its going to happen! HOORAY! Somehow, it will happen.
      A few random/awkward moments from speed dating for you: One of my "dates" asked if I believe in kissing on the first date. That would be a NO...awkward! Another one of my dates felt it necessary to tell me that I am very tall, though how he could tell my height while I was sitting down is beyond me. One of my dates noticed I was wearing my Fray jacket (because Soozee + The Fray = AWESOMENESS) and asked me to sing one of their songs because he couldn't remember what they sang...yeah, NOT HAPPENING. I decided that it would be SUPER easy to tell any kind of lie you wanted to when speed dating. Had I been smart, I would have thrown on the accent and confused a bunch of people! I could have pretended to be from the south pacific or something since we have decided that my accent is not actually a British accent. Dang...I almost want to go speed dating again just to see how much fun I can have with those poor defenseless boys!! Bwa ha ha !!!! next time!!!

2 comments:

Becky Pearson said...

A hahaha! I love it! So glad you went :) What a fun experience to run into digger while you were there!

Nat said...

I have never done the speed dating thing, but I think it would be awkward. I mean, how well can you get to know someone in two minutes? But at least it gives you funny stories to tell, eh?