Friday, February 25, 2011

A few more details

So, what I didn't mention was a little more detail on the talking to Digger after the date part. Yeah, we talked for a few minutes, he knew at that point that I was not feeling super great and told me not to go to Salt Lake on Sunday morning (I was supposed to say good bye to a friend that is moved back to Texas) and I told him I wouldn't go if I still didn't feel well. He really didn't want me to go, kept telling me it wasn't worth it. Then he asked if I was coming to church, and I said I probably wouldn't if I didn't feel well, and he said if he didn't see me at church that he would call me after and make sure I was doing alright. And....he did call. He's a very sweet guy. The more I get to know him, the more I like him. I was reading in my journal yesterday from when I first started writing about him, which was a good 2 or 3 months after I met him...more of the trying not to jinx it, I think. And, its really nice to see that I still think the same of him that I did then. I still think he's a very genuine guy, he is generally very hilarious, when I talk to him, I feel better about myself, and I generally walk away wanting to be a better person...he brings out the best in me-I LOVE that. He's very outgoing (although, apparently he's only outgoing to people he knows...a bunch of my friends say he's never talked to them...but they haven't talked to him either...) and he cares, even if its just a little bit, about me. I say this because he called on Sunday when he didn't have to. He's asked several times if there's anything he can do to help me, and I really like that about him. BUT, having said all that, I am still not getting my hopes up. He cares, and I love it, and that is where things end. Right now, that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Becky Pearson said...

so... are you feeling better?? :)