Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eventually

So, its a little blurry because I took it with my phone, but this is probably my favorite necklace. It says "eventually" with a heart and a white pearl. When I first started wearing this necklace one of my coworkers read it and said "well that's a weird word to wear on a necklace" but, it actually means quite a bit to me. Eventually, my dreams WILL come true. Eventually, all the crazy drama of my life WILL calm down. Eventually, my prince will come (at the current moment I feel he is taking far too long, but I can't judge. Maybe he's helping some poor widow fix a fence or something completely noble...). Eventually, I won't be in school and I will be all educated and smart and stuff. Eventually, I will understand why I have to go through the trials and the emotional break downs and the fear that I am feeling right now. Eventually. Such a simple word to describe so much. A word that brings me a little bit of hope. And frustration. Because as I have previously mentioned, I am not a patient person. According to the plans I made for myself, I am WAY off course. I have learned that the plans I make for myself, by myself, is generally just wishful thinking.
    I have had a really awe-inspiring last couple of weeks in a few ways. They have also been the most emotionally draining weeks. I've had so much fun and had great times with great people. I have also been freaking out (internally, of course) about the future and what it holds for me. I have felt change coming for a little while now. It hasn't come yet, and I don't know exactly what it is, but it is coming and as much as I am looking forward to a new adventure, I'm also a little bit scared. However, I am doing the best I can with what I am given and that is the best I can do, right? Right. Eventually I'll have this all figured out...I hope...

2 comments:

Becky Pearson said...

"Eventually, I won't be in school and I will be all educated and smart and stuff." ...my favorite line. You are super neat, Sooz!!

Jennifer said...

Terrific post! I totally identify with lots of what you said! I add my I LOVE YOU TOO! It will happen for you.