Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Crash and BURN!!!!

Yeah, that's me today...crashin' and burnin'...I HATE tests. I've never been a good test taker. EVER. And today totally showed it. I studied a lot for my biology test and thought I was pretty well prepared to take it...ha ha ha...apparently I don't know the difference between mitosis and miosis and I know that B, Mike, and Rich can talk circles around me when it comes to it, but I have never been too keen at understanding Biology and today's test totally proved it. If I get a C in the class I'm throwing a huge party.
Then, I went to go take me Spanish oral exam...so not wanting to go to that one because I really don't speak Spanish all that well. I still am horrible at conjegating, especially in ther preterite. Oh, it was not good. But, I feel that it went better than could be expected. My teacher said I am very creative in my answers, I just need to work on talking in the right tense. Apparently not everything happens in the past (who knew?) ha ha ha, but he also showed me my test score from my last test. The sad thing is that I felt I'd actually done okay on that one...that I'd get a fairly decent score...boy was I wrong! It was no bueno. Mi espanol es muy muy malo! Pero, mi profesor es muy simpatico. But yeah, it was terrible. Fortunately, I went to my brothers house and we had chocolate pudding (which I will blog about later) and made everything better...until I go take my Astronomy test tomorrow! ICK!!! I hate tests in school. Whoever invented them should be shot!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. You know, I've been there, where I've totally bombed tests, but at the end of the semester I usually ended up doing just fine. Just hang in there, and yes, chocolate makes everything better! (But study a lot, too. And if you have science questions, you have three brothers that can help you with that. And you have two Spanish-speaking RMs in your family, as well. I'm sure they're all willing to help you.)

Kar said...

That is one of my many beefs about the education process in college. It's all about tests. I think the professors should do all different kinds of assessing, to help those of us who are horrible test-takers. There are other ways to assess. And there are other ways to teach than standing at the front of the class and blabbing while the students take notes. I wish professors would focus more on teaching and less on getting their dumb papers published.

Mike said...

Truth be told I don't remember the difference anymore. Don't worry Sue it only took me 8 years to get out of School, and look at me now all grown up (not). School does suck, but so worth it, as long as you choose well. Just like on American Idol you have to choose something that will soot you, and wade your way through the rest.