Wednesday, March 25, 2009

All Things Considered...

I was thinking a lot about life the other day. I don't know when I really found time to think, but I did and I was thinking about all the good things in life. Heaven knows we spend enough time on the bad, so I decided to just think about the good, and I was thinking of the things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for my family. Most of you who read this would fall in that category. I am so grateful for you!!! I would not be the person I am today without my family. Siblings, extended family, family I decided should be my family, etc.. I know when I am having a rough day that there will always be someone I can call to lift me up when I need it. I mentioned my dream in my last post and checked my e-mail today and had 3 comments of support. You just made my day! THANK YOU!!

I am grateful for my friends. I feel like I am always gaining and losing friends, but a select few have managed to stay my friend for some years now. I don't know what I would do without my friends. The real and true ones, you know...the ones who have proven true. I can't even count the number of times I have been shafted or hurt by those who said they were my friend. I guess its because I am always trying to see the good in people. But those friends I have kept have been the greatest.

I am grateful for school, even if I do hate it right now. I am very blessed to be able to attend a university were I can become anything I want to be. How many people really have that opportunity?

I am grateful for the gospel and how much the Lord has done for me. A year and a half is a sacrifice, but I feel that I received more blessings from going than the sacrifice it was to go. I love talking about the gospel, its one of my most favorite things, and I think its because I start and end my day in prayer...and I spend like all day talking to my Father in Heaven. I never imagined I would feel close to Him like I do now.

I am grateful for music. There is nothing that gets me in the right mood to finish a chapter of writing, or get me out of bed in the morning, or put me in the right mood to actually make it through 8 hours of class every other day.

You know, all things considered...I've got a lot of things. I think its super easy to look at all the crappy things going on in our lives, but it takes time to remember the blessings we have. At least, that's how it is for me. I tend to dwell on the negative in my mind and then I wonder why things always look gloomy. But really, I've got a lot going for me!

4 comments:

Nat said...

Yes, we're definitely blessed, especially in America. People in other countries would die if they saw how rich our country was.

Kar said...

Good for you for thinking of the good, especially lately, with being laid off and having car troubles. You have a good attitude. I've been shafted by people who I thought were dear friends, too. It's hard, but it makes you appreciate the ones that stuck around.

Jennifer said...

Hope you are feeling better today. We missed you last night!

Amy said...

Way to put it all in perspective. It has been fun to be around as you grew up from age 12. Seems like a long time ago, but it has gone by so fast! And where would my kids be without their favorite aunt Suzy?!