Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hmmm...lets talk about ME for a minute!

I felt like posting because I haven't really talked about me for a long time...probably because I'm so flippin' busy these days. I guess working 2 jobs and taking 14 credit hours in a semester is stressful/busy? Who knew? Ha ha...but for real, I didn't realize how stressed out I'd be. So, update...I am writing a lot lately. Jason and Kyla's story is coming along quite nicely. I am finally working on the middle of the story! HOORAY! I have the beginning and the ending down on paper and just need to add them to the manuscript I have on my computer. The ending hit me like a brick wall a while back and I had to write it down...it is so fabulous!
I was writing before class today and I always have my ipod on when I'm writing...it tunes out all the annoying people around me so I don't know they are there and get distracted. Any way, this guy came and sat down in the row in front of me and turned around to talk to me (I'm like mid sentence in my writing) and he pauses my ipod and then picks it up. I took out my headphones and he starts flipping through my playlists. The one I listen to when writing is titled "Inspiration" because it gets me in the right mood to write and really get into the story. Any way...I happened to be listening to a song from HSM 3 when he paused it...that was awkward... I don't generally admit to people outside of the family and close friends that read this blog that I am a HSM fan. It seems odd to be a 20 something girl that is totally single liking HSM...yeah, any way...so this guy is flipping through my playlists asking why they are called what they are called and what all the acronyms are (I have like 10 playlists that all have acronyms for titles...because its just to long to have the actual title on there!) and then he asked if I was a writer...hmmm...what gave him that idea? it was weird. Oh, and I knew him from my mission, he was one of the elders in my mission. It was a really weird experience and then class started and I got my ipod back. Did any of that make any sense?
Any way, Jason and Kyla are about to get together the first time in the story and I am totally loving it. Oh, also, I finally have a title for the story. Its going to be called Changing Tyde. Ha ha ha, its absolutely PERFECT!!! I love it!!!

2 comments:

Kar said...

I think it is so fantastic that you are so enthusiastic about writing. It must be your true calling. And maybe that guy likes you. It's like tugging on your braids, modern-style.

Nat said...

I'm glad that you're finding time to do "you" stuff, amongst all the other stuff. And I agree with Kar-I think he was trying to flirt with you.