Sunday, January 25, 2009

Movie Weekend

So, earlier this week I was watching a movie with my oldest brother and his wife. It was one that looked interesting and made by the same production company that did Ultimate Gift, which is one of my favorites, but I have to say I was sorely dissapointed. Even though it was filmed and took place in my beautiful North Carolina, there was just too much weirdness going on. It was just SUPER weird and I honestly don't think I would recommend it, even though it did have Peyton from OTH in it...

So, then, on Friday I had promised my friend Lisa I'd go to a movie with her. There wasn't a whole lot that was playing that I wanted to see, or that I hadn't promised Fort we'd go see together. So, we decided to go see the movie Australia...
its like 3 hours long, and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it because its by Baz Luhrman who brought us such movies as:

Moulin Rouge which was like one of my most all time favorite movies before my mission. I loved loved loved this movie, despite its depressing ending....

He also made the movie Romeo + Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes, which I saw like FOREVER ago, but just looking at the title tells me that its going to have a depressing ending with the main characters dying! (Are you catching my point about Baz Luhrman movies?)

So, I'm watching Australia and its got Nicole Kidman in it, as well as Hugh Jackman and its pretty good, I'm about and hour and a half into it and it hits me that this is in fact a Baz Luhrman film, and that if my memory serves me well, I would know that the two other movies he's made that I can think of ended very very sad and depressing and I start freaking out because I don't want this movie to end sad too...I was seriously going to be terribly upset if this movie ended wrong too. Yeah, up to the last scene I wouldn't allow myself to believe it was going to end happy...but it did and although it was really long, it was pretty good too. I would probably recommend it...depends on your movie tastes. I liked it better than Moulin Rouge and that is actually quite a lot.

Oh, and a PS for those who asked me about Burn Notice: Its on the USA network on Thursday nights at 10/9C...check it out!!

1 comment:

Nat said...

I haven't heard of The List, but since you said "eh"... And my mom saw Australia, and said it was pretty good, but long.