Monday, February 2, 2009

LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN!!!!

So, ever since I was like 19 I've always had fun celebrating my birthday. In past years we have done tons of great things that I have LOVED doing! We went to a really good comedy club in Provo one year, we've done scavenger hunts in Walmart, or around Logan, etc. etc. We even went to a Josh Groban concert once (although, we would have gone had it been my birthday or not...it just happened to be on my birthday!) But, as the years went on, the celebrations got longer. When I turned 21 we pretty much celebrated for an entire week.
Well, my 24th birthday is this Friday and I can already tell that this years celebration will be as big as the others! On the misison we couldn't really celebrate for a whole week, but the actual day of my birthday was pretty awesome both times. The members really made it great. Last year my cake was made entirely with food storage because the members we lived with were on a food storage challenge and couldn't use anything else. It was surprisingly delicious!
Any way, this year I am going to Logan and having a party with Kris, my best friend who is practically my brother. We often introduce each other as such, too. And oddly, people believe us though we look absolutely nothing alike. Kinda strange. But his birthday is the day before mine, so we are going to party in Logan the day after my birthday and have tons of fun with all our friends! On my actual birthday I am doing something with my family - not really sure what yet, but family, I will keep you posted!
And then, on the 13th of February a week after my birthday, all of my Utah county friends are getting together for dinner and possibly games/movie night...just like old times. Man, I am SO excited! Except it won't be just like old times because 80 percent of my friends are married now and it just isn't the same...nor will it ever be (which isn't a bad thing, its just different and kinda new for me). So, hopefully this birthday will rock just as much as those in years past!!

2 comments:

Nat said...

It sounds like you're going to have a ton o' fun! I've always had really fun birthdays as well.

Kar said...

Okay, dude. It's been a weird few months for me, but I'm BAAAA-AAAAACK!! Hm. If you look at that word cross-eyed, it looks like I wrote "Barack." Anywho, you changed your address, and then I got too busy to check other peoples' blogs, and then I couldn't find your comment that said what your new address was, and I had to get it from Nat. Long stories. Anyways, I'm here, and all is well!! And Happy Birthday! Some of my favorite people are February birthday people! Did you have a good week?