Monday, January 19, 2009

Desicion, Desicion

So, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Logan. And it was way fun and rather uneventful going up this weekend,...Any way, I had the best time up there when I lived there, and really didn't want to move back, but I see why I needed to. Well, post mission I have been praying about going back and got the "Not now" answer and I accepted it and moved on realizing I might never get to live in Logan again. It was hard at first, but I was okay with it. I just asked once and felt good about staying here...other than the whole lack of social life...any way. I was fine with it until Jen got engaged and I was just super lonely. It totally stunk (and still does) I love my friends, but they are all moving ahead and I feel like I'm getting left behind. So, around the time Jen got married I was thinking about what I wanted to do with the rest of my life and I decided to pray about Logan again and see if maybe now it was time to move back up there. For the first time since I'd moved back I felt like it was a good idea and started to make preparations do move up there this summer. I was so happy about it and couldn't wait to finally be moving forward with my life. And then I got a huge wrench thrown in my plans when I got laid off making it seemingly impossible. Now that I have my two jobs and kinda feel like I'm getting back on my feet Logan seems like it might be a possibility again, but I'm not quite sure. So, what do you guys think? Should I move to Logan, or Orem. Either way, I am moving north this coming fall and need to start getting things in order, so I'm wondering what you think. But, I'll be honest, the ultimate decision will be made when I go to the temple and talk to Heavenly Father about it...but your opinion is VERY valuable to me! THANKS!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You love Logan so much that I think you should move there if at all possible. Orem would be better than living at home, but Logan would be the best for you. At least that's what I think. Granted, I'm not all-knowing, but I thought I'd put in my two cents. :)

Nat said...

Well...you'll never get your Freshman year back, which could be why you love Logan so much. Although it IS Logan. I loved it the entire time I was there. But expect it to be different than Freshman year if you go back. Not BAD, but just different.

I say whatever ends up working out better-Logan or Orem-is where you should go. Whichever school is better for your major, or where you can get a job while going to school, or...you get the idea. I think that Heavenly Father just wants you to be happy, and also wants you to be moving forward. So make the decision, go to Him in prayer, and He'll let you know if that will work or not.

Good luck!

Mike said...

Suzy,

I have 3 thoughts for you about going to Logan.

#1 Probably one of the biggest lessons I've learned in my life is grow where your planted. I've lived in places where I hated it, went back and learned to like it a lot (IDAHO).

#2 There are no promises it's going to be the same as when you were there before. It could be better, it could be worse.

#3 USU Rocks. I had a lot of good times there. Once again though it goes right back to grow where your planted. Try to make the best of every situation.

Good luck, and as Dad always told me.... I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

Amy said...

We'd love to have you close, but totally understand if that doesn't happen. Heck- we might not even still be here. We'll just have to see where the Lord wants us both. Kind of an exciting journey, don't you think?