Saturday, August 30, 2008

LETS JUST BE FRIENDS

So...I hung out with Dan again. Can we all say AWKWARD....holy cow. I don't know what happened there. It was on a Sunday...again. I wasn't very happy about it, and if I wasn't such a nice person I probably would have been mean...but I'm too nice of a person.

And then he called me this week and was like "So, I saw that you called....what were you calling about?" and I was not going to call him again...ever...so I said "Um...I didn't call you." and then you could feel how awkwardness he felt through the phone. So, we talked for a little bit and then he said "Suzy, I think you're a great girl, but I think we should just be friends" and in my head by this point, I was thinking 'did you really think I wanted to date you.....hmmm...thats interesting.' and then he was like really nervous I was going to hate him or something, so I made it very clear that I was going to tell him the same thing any ways and then he said "Well we should still hang out and stuff, I think you're awesome" and I was thinking....yeah....oh wait no. So, I mentioned how incredibly busy this semester is for me (which is no lie, I am going to DIE this semester!) and then ended the conversation and if I can help I probably won't hang out with him again.
You may ask what happened here. I mean at first I totally would have dated him...but it was somewhere between the first "date" (I don't even know if it truly qualified as a date to begin with...first sign right there...) and the constant changing of plans at the last minute. Yeah, I'm not cool with that. I don't like thinking I have plans for a Saturday night just to have them canceled when I'm supposed to be going out. That is LAME and also...he was really churchy. Not that churchy is a bad thing...I mean I just got home from a mission, I'm pretty churchy myself, but this guy was over the top. I didn't feel like I could be myself, and I didn't feel like I could say some things, like the word "crap" I know its not the best word, but its part of my vocabulary and I felt like I really had to watch what I said around him....so, glad he's gone and I am moving on without even the hint of looking back. Boys stink...lets throw rocks at them.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Suzy, you are cute, cute, cute. Boys really do stink. I'm game for the rock-throwing. I often tell my dad that men are the weaker sex, which kind of miffs him. Whatever. It's true.

Nat said...

BOYS suck. It's a GENTLEMAN you want!! Yeah, you need to be who you truly are around a guy you're dating, not putting on a show for him.

Amy said...

I don't think that hanging out at his parents house on a Sunday qualifies as a date. Bye Bye Dan. Good luck impressing girls with that!