Thursday, September 4, 2008

Written

I got bit with a writing bug this week, more than ussual and I was finally able to write some parts of my story that I knew I needed to write, I just didn't know how I wanted to say some things, or how everything was going to play out, and then I was sitting in History (best place for inspiration...in the middle of a class I spent a lot of money to be in!!) and I just knew exactly how this one scene was going to play out.
Now, I am a little OCD when it comes to my writing. I have a notebook I write in, and that's the only place I write, and i have a blue pen that I write with and I can't write with any other pen or I get mad and throw it accross the room. So, I pull out said notebook and pen and am taking notes in my history notebook with a black pen and whenever I get a second I am jotting down the scene in my writing notebook with my blue pen. The girl sitting next to me thought I was crazy and was trying to read over my shoulder which made me laugh because its this scene where one of my main characters, Jason, thinks that Kyla has come over, but its actually his crazy/psycho ex wife Brooke and they have this argument and he finally realizes what he should be doing instead of what he is currently doing. Its pretty cool and the girl sitting next to me looked really confused, so I moved my notebook so she couldn't read it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

HA! That girl didn't even see it coming. I can just see it now- you scribbling in two notebooks with different pens. Funny! I'm glad that you are getting more writing done though, even if it is in the middle of class.

Darling Details said...

You go girl! Take the inspiration when it comes. History isn't going anywhere. (just don't do it all the time) Happy writing.

Kar said...

Ew... nosy, nosy, nosy! I have to jot writing ideas down in a notebook when they come to me, even if I'm in the middle of jogging or making lunch or whatever, or the ideas leave me. Shhh... don't tell... I am thinking of writing a book. But I have yet to start. Pete has been browbeating me about it.

Pete said...

Well Suz that is a bit OC. I usually write thoughts down on whatever I have handy. Then again I dont normally write anything down even into "notes" until I've thought about it A LOT. Notes are good times though, I must admit my favorite part of writing. Then again after I have written said notes I dont normally refer to them when actually writing the finished product :). I think my brain just likes to write them down and hash it out to make the final decisions. Anyways, good luck on your story. I havent read the draft you sent me yet. I know I've been slacking. Had to jump on the Twilight bandwagon so I could make my final judgement.