Friday, February 18, 2011

Starting to get excited/freak out a little bit

Soooooooo.....that date with Digger....after MUCH effort the date has finally been rescheduled! HOORAY!!! AND, completely modified. The original plan was pizza and games at my house...but now we are going to Midaway where they have full size ice castles. I told Digger the plan and he was very excited to go. I'm just so excited! I will fill you all in after I actually go on the date...I'm trying to not jinx it or anything, because I REALLY REALLY want this date to go well! I am so excited to actually get to talk to Digger away from church, not on the phone, and for more than 30 minutes. AND, I will get to ask the questions this time. He has a habit of always asking me questions about myself, but not really elaborating much about himself. I do know that he is from Dallas, there are 7 kids in his family. He has compared my cooking to his mom's in a good way, he tells me on a fairly regular basis that I am either sweet or amazing...I don't really mind being called either. He uses words like "absolutely", "amazing", "wonderful", and "fantastic" about as often as I do, which I didn't think was possible. And, there is this sparkle in his eyes when he smiles that I absolutely love. I know, I know, I've got it bad for this boy...and I probably do. I've been fighting it hard to no avail. I even told Heavenly Father that I didn't want anything to do with Digger...however, as we can all see that didn't really happen. I worry a lot that I am just getting my hopes up and that they will get dashed to pieces. I try to stay calm and collected and not think about Digger very often. I am trying to focus on everything else in my life, and sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. For now, I'm just looking forward to this date. I am excited to get to know Digger better, and I know its going to be so much fun! Wish me luck, and prayers on my behalf are ALWAYS welcome!!! :)

2 comments:

Becky Pearson said...

You got it, lady!

Kelly said...

The prayers are coming your way! I hope you have a great time!