Saturday, July 10, 2010

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

Okay, so I try to be an optimist, but a lot of times I think I am a pessimist disguised as an optimist that's really a realist. Because I have had my hopes dashed I don't even know how many times I tend to keep things close to my heart and not let people really in.
   I have been faced with good things happening in my life right now, and I am so scared of screwing them up that I don't know how to deal with them. I have these hopes and dreams that I keep close to my heart but if I actually saw them happening in my life I wouldn't know what to do. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, to wake up from a dream and realize that what I thought and hoped was actually happening in my life really isn't happening at all. That's when I'm hardest on myself because I think I'm such an idiot for thinking things would work out exactly how I wanted them to.
   So, I am looking at these new changes with hope and praying that I don't wake up and find them all to be just mere imaginings and dreams of my own creation. I'm holding my breath and praying to my loving Father above for guidance.

2 comments:

Becky Pearson said...

Love ya, Suz!

Darling Details said...

Ease up suz, you are a wonderful daughter of God. You are just as deserving of happiness as any of God's children. Good things come, blessings are showered down, and happily ever after is possible for everyone. ;) Check out Elder Uchdorf's talk in the last conference http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=38c0de009da38210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

Loved it. and We love you!!
HUGS

Marci