Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Day.

So, its been a little while since I last posted. Um, life has been pretty much the same. Work, work, more work, hanging out a little bit, then more work and stuff. I have been writing a lot more, which is good! I need to get my book done!! HOORAY!!!
       I went and saw a couple of movies this week. First, I saw Eclipse, which I really enjoyed. I think it was the best of the Twilight movies so far. They finally cut Rob Patinson's hair, and gave the actors lessons for their speech impediments they had in the first movie!! HOORAY!!! Plus, there was actual action. Very nice. Over all, I give it a thumbs up. The other movie I saw was The Last Airbender. Such a disappointment. It was horrible. They mispronounced like everything! Uncle was skiny...he's not supposed to be skinny! Zuko's scar was like non existent which is strange because that scar is the main reason why he is the way he is! Plus, it looked like it was filmed in 1992, Sokka wasn't funny-in the TV show, he's the comic relief. He was played by the guy who plays Jasper in the Twilight movies, only in Last Airbender he wasn't pale with weird longish blondish hair. He had dark hair (which I believe is his natural color) and actually had a tan. It was crazy! He looked mildly attractive! So, overall I give Last Airbender a thumbs down. Don't pay more than a dollar to see it. Hopefully they make a 2nd one (this movie only covered the first of three seasons of the TV show) but hopefully they will get a different director. M. Night Shamylan has never been a favorite of mine, and this is why. He takes awesome stories and turns them into crap.
    Any way, other than that I have been busy working, and not sleeping, so now I am incredibly sleep deprived and I am going to go to bed now so I can sleep!! HOORAY!!!

1 comment:

Nat said...

I haven't seen Eclipse yet. Though the people's acting was WAY better in the 2nd one than the first. I think Pete and I might wait to see in in the cheapos, though, because it's not worth $10 to me to see.

And, I actually liked Airbender. I loved the music, and it kind of touched this spiritual nerve with me for some reason. But I'm not super into the cartoons-what I've seen of them I've liked, but I've never sat down to watch them, so maybe that makes a difference in movie viewing pleasure. My boys loved the movie, and they told me they wanted to watch the cartoons again, so maybe I'll sit and watch with them.