Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!

Because this blog is written only by me and about me, you get to hear all about ME all the time. I'm so sorry for all of you!!!
    Any way, it was my birthday yesterday and I had so much fun with my friends! I did not end up going ice fishing, which I confess was kind of nice because then I got to sleep in, which was absolutely fantasticly wonderful!!! My amazing sister-in-law made my cake for me as a gift which I am forever grateful for. She is always looking out for me and doing amazing things for me! I love her and my brother (and their kids) to death!!! They are AMAZING (ha ha, I totally just gave you a shout out ;).
    Any way, here is the cake before we lit it on fire:
when I was in Logan the last time and planning everything out with Tex (since his birthday is the day before mine) I mentioned it would be a dragon cake and he asked if it was Albi the Racist Dragon...and if you don't know who Albi is, here is a clip for you to explain the jelly bean tears:

I picked the one with the animation to give you a better visual.
Here is a picture once we lit the candles:
 
don't those flames just look amazing??

Here are a few other random shots of the people and the party for you:

 
Me, Tex, and the cake. He seriously can't keep a straight face if a camera is around. There are 2 blue candles, and 5 pink ones to make 25 since we both turned 25.


 
Fort, who happens to be one of my BEST friends, ever. 


 
Elen and Emily, good friends from work and my mission. Also amazing people. THE END.
Tex was just a little excited to try the cake...actually he really just wanted to eat one of the wings made out of fruit roll ups. They were quite delicious....yum!!!!

All in all, it was a fantastic day and I had so much fun with my family, and my friends!! I'm not excited to be 25, but I am excited to start this new chapter in my life.

3 comments:

Nat said...

YAY! Happy b-day! Jen is so talented with cake-making. I would love to take a class someday. That's so awesome that your friends got to come down to hang out.

Jennifer said...

Wow Suz! It was like you were reading my mind :) I was litterally telling Jim I got a shoutout as I read it. We had a great laugh! Thanks! Glad you liked the cake and had a fabulous day! Love the picture of it lit up! Nice! Have a spectacular week!

Kar said...

Wow!!! Jennifer, that cake is AMAZING! Dang, I wish I was a good cake-maker. I watch all of those cake-making shows on TV and get so jealous. Someday I'll have time to figure that whole fondant thing out.... And happy birthday! Sleeping in wins over ice fishing, any day of the week.