Monday, February 23, 2009

Its begining to sound a lot like springtime!

So, its been feeling and looking a lot like spring, and its almost like my ipod knows my spring time music. Its weird, but there are certain artists, albums, and songs I listen to at certain times of the year. Generally around the time I first heard them, or first bought them. For example, I always listen to Good Charlotte's album, "Chronicles of Life and Death" around September-October ish time...I think its because that's when I bought the CD, and that's when I first heard their single of that album. But every year around that time I get in the mood to listen to it again...another example: Right now I am listening to Daughtery, Sarah Barallise, Maroon 5's "It Won't Be Soon Before Long", and the song "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas, which totally makes sense because those were the first songs I got off itunes when I got my ipod a year ago. Crazy, I know, but I'm starting to get in the mood for my springtime music which means spring must just about be here...thank goodness!

2 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, I cannot WAIT for spring. I am so over snow. That is so funny! I wonder if I get into certain moods for songs based on the time of year. I know that, when I hear a song, I have a visual picture of where I was when I first heard the song. When I listen to Fergalicious, I keep visualizing places around San Diego, which was where I lived when I first got the CD. Funny.

Nat said...

Yes, I'm ready for spring to come, as well. I wouldn't say that I have songs that feel like different seasons, but some songs always have memories tied to them. Like "Ms. Jackson" by OutKast totally reminds me of when I was working in Logan-it came on every morning on my way to work.