Monday, November 23, 2009

Today is the first day of life on a new horizon

November is seriously not my month. This time last year give or take a week or two I got laid off...for real that time. I didn't know what I was going to do. I ended up working 2 part time jobs at lesser pay than I was making. It was not fun, and I really dreaded going back to the good ship, but it was the only option I had left. I was truly blessed that I was able to find a couple of jobs so quickly and not really skip a beat. I know that the Lord needed me where I am now so that I could help people, and it has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. I have met some of the greatest people through both of my jobs. A wonderful blessing in disguise.
    Today, November 23, 2009, is a day I will not soon forget either. I was driving to work and was involved in a car accident, totalling my car. Cecil, as he was called, passed away about 7:50 ish AM. No one was hurt, thankfully. My knee is bruised pretty bad, but that's it. My first thought was concern for my car because I knew that I can't really afford a new car right now. I'm trying to get through school and everything has been really stressful for me lately. But, everything is going to work out. I called my sister, who is literally my own personal angel, and she came to help me out. She has been the greatest blessing in my life, from the very begining. I will always be grateful that she is my sister. She has an extra car that she is letting me borrow (see, angelic!) so me and George (my sister's car) are becoming good buddies for a little while until I can figure out what to do for a car.
    I had a paper due in Spanish today, so I took it in, got a temporary parking pass for George and went to Institute. I was sitting there while our substitute in Institute was going on and on and on about how 50 minutes just isn't enough time to do the first 5 chapters of Revelation justice. I'm trying to keep my knee away from anything because it is very sore and at this point I don't know if anything is broken or if its just bruised. The thought keeps coming to mind "go see if Bro. Hunter is in his office" over and over again. When class was about half way over I finally heeded the thought and left my class. Bro. Hunter is my other institute teacher on Tues/Thurs and I really didn't expect to find him in his office, but I went any ways. He was there and was talking to a couple of students when I came by. I asked if he had a minute and he said he would shortly. When he came back to his office, I sat down and explained that I had been in a car accident and was hoping to get a blessing before I went to see the doctors. He very kindly said that wouldn't be a problem and got one of his students that was passing by to come help him. It was one of the most amazing blessings I've ever been given and it completely strengthened my testimony in the real and true power of the priesthood. Not only did it bring peace and understanding to everything I was dealing with in dealing with the accident, but I was also given very specific answers to some of my prayers that have been between just me and the Lord, I hadn't told anyone else. It was powerful. I was so grateful I went and got that blessing.
    Isn't it so funny how one split second can have such a profound impact on your day, and your life. Everything can change in just one split second. I am just so grateful that I am okay and that no one was seriously hurt today. The Lord was truly watching over me.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yikes! Can I highly recommend seeing a chiropractor? Car accidents are no bueno for your spine. I know a really good one if you want his number.

Meredith said...

I'm so glad you are alright! Blessings are awesome. :) I hope you are able to figure out your car situation soon. It was great to see you on Saturday!

Amy said...

Aaaack! I'm glad that you are okay. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out. *hugs*

Nat said...

YIKES! That sucks that you were in a car accident, but I'm glad that you were able to get a temporary car and a blessing. I hope everything works out for you.

Mike said...

so sorry suz, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Keep your chin up.
Marci

Kar said...

Oh my GOSH. I'm so glad you're okay. And I love priesthood blessings. I probably ask for wayyy too many of them. I hope you can get a new car soon. Is your insurance company going to give you any money for what the car was worth or whatever???