Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fantastic Weekend!!!

I took a majority of this weekend off and just relaxed. I realize school just started and I shouldn't be super stressed yet...and I'm not yet...I just don't want to get as stressed as I was last semester, so on Saturday when a majority of the state was waiting with lots of anticipation for the BYU vs. Utah game to begin, I was driving to SLC to watch Real Salt Lake play some soccer! And oh, it was a good game. They played Kansas City (who did put up a good fight) and WON!!! By a point...which was the only point scored the entire match. But it was still awesome! I was happy to see my team win! They have some good players! And then, after the game, Onerepublic came and sang for a little while! It was FANTASTIC, and they even played a new song that is for sure going to be on their next album! Here is a video of it, and yes I realize the video is really crappy quality, but you can hear to song, which is what counts any way.
So, after the game I technically had plenty of time to drive home and sleep in my own bed...but I didn't want to and crashed at Fort's house. It was nice to get away even if it was just for one night.
    So, today I got up and got ready and went to church with Fort and her room mates. It was funny because as we are driving over, Fort was mentioning that she hasn't seen Digger at church since she met him about a month or two ago, so I might not see him. I kind of wanted to see him since I haven't talked to him since I told him I liked him, and kind of wanted to know for sure that we are still friends and all that. It was funny because as we got out of the car, Digger is walking across the parking lot to go into church. It was crazy. I hadn't told him I was up there, hadn't talked to him, so when he saw me in the foyer, it was nice that when he recognized me, he came over to talk to me. We ended up sitting by him in sacrament meeting, and it was as if nothing had changed, which I am glad for because as I have previously mentioned, Digger is one of the best men I have ever met and I am so grateful for his friendship.
    And then, after church, I came back home and watched a couple Jane Austen movies, because I'm addicted to them and I feel they are the best way to relax on a Sunday afternoon...hooray!! It was the perfect end to a fantastic weekend!!

No comments: