Monday, January 24, 2011

Dear Mr. Dean Carmichael,

Ok, so my birthday is approaching. Every year around my birthday since I was like 16 I write a letter to a particular guy...I don't know who he is. I am hoping that one day we will make each other very happy. I am hoping that day is sooner rather than later. You can mock if you want, but as I was talking to a friend about it earlier this week...its interesting to me to see how I have changed over the last 10 years. Interesting, no? I think it is. Its a good point to mark where I am at the moment I write the letter. When I started when I was 16, I talked mostly about myself. Since then, I have talked a lot about my dreams for the future, my frustrations with things not going the way I want them to or not, how amazing I am becoming (because lets be honest, I have become quite amazing over the last little bit!) I share these things in my letters because I can't actually share them with the future Mr. Carmichael. I actually address all letters to "dean" because I had a dream I married a guy named Dean, and since I don't usually remember names from my dreams, I decided to just keep that name in reference to the future Mr. Carmichael. And lets be honest, Mr. Dean Carmichael...that just sounds impressive. Maybe I'll change his name when I marry him...unless he has an even cooler name. but I just can't see that happening.
     Any way...I have been thinking about Dean a lot lately. I think part of it comes with my birthday coming yet again. Part of it could be that its another year, and I am not at all where I expected I would be in life. I don't know exactly what it is, but I feel like Dean is right around the corner. Its crazy. I guess time will tell.

No comments: