Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Addicted

This is a post about my latest addictions.

 My friends Elen and Thomas decided I should watch this anime show called Fruits Basket...ever heard of it? I LOVE it!!! Its a great show! There is some cursing, but for some reason it doesn't bother me like cursing usually does. I mean there are no f-bombs or anything that serious, but still some minor cursing. Elen was worried I'd be offended by it or something, but no. Its a great show and I think everyone should watch it. Unless you don't really like anime...then I wouldn't force you to watch it or anything.

 Another addiction, card making. I have talked about this previously...but seriously its like a drug. I can't get enough of it!!! One of the smaller overpriced scrapbook stores is going out of buisness and I have been able to pick up some killer deals on scrapbook stuff so I can make even more cards!!! I'm sure you can imagine my excitment. So, I will continue to watch Sam Worthington movies and make the most adorable cards ever. Its going to be fantastic!!!!

    The Script. I am totally ADDICTED. I'm like a little kid with TONS of candy when it comes to their music. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the song Breakeven. Its my favorite. I listened to it for 3 days on repeat last week. I do that on occasion. It drives people insane, and I'm sure I should care...but I don't. If you don't know who The Script is, shame on you and ask me about them. I will be more than happy to play a line or two for you because I have their music on my phone, Ipod, etc...

    Books. I freaking love books. The more I read them the more I want to finish Changing Tyde. I freaking love Jason Tyde and want everyone else to love him as much as I do...which I don't think will ever be possible, but you never know. He is pretty amazing. My friend Tex was making fun of me the other day because I have a lot of young adult books. I like them. They are a quick read and I also had to point out my vast collection of the classics. Just because you've seen P&P doesn't mean you know Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth, or Jane Austen's world. Go read a few classics and then look at the world...its a whole different place if you're looking for it.

     Outside. ADDICTED to being outside. And lately I want to run/walk/jog in it. A-MAZING!!! I love it!!! Plus today it was like 70 degrees or something outside. Ah spring, I have missed you! Remember how we used to be all BFF and everything, and then you let it SNOW on me in MAY!!! What the heck!?!?!?! But, if you come back now, no hard feelings and we can be BFF again.

     Weekends. I took last Saturday off. It as amazing. I loved it. I went to Salt Lake and spent it with my friends. I miss having real weekends. I wish I didn't have to work in the deli so much, but one day I will be free of it and will have my weekends back and it will be GLORIOUS!!!!

     Roasting marshmallows indoors. Its so much fun! I was at Elen and Thomas's house and we roasted marshmallows over their stove and then made this delicious smore-ness that was to die for. I loved it!!

    Lisa Mangum books. The Hourglass Door and The Golden Spiral. A-freakin-MAZING!!!! Can't wait for the 3rd and final book that comes out next spring...I know, I know, a whole year away, but its going to rock. Lisa Mangum is actually doing a book signing in AF in June. I think I'm going to go and meet her. That would be fun. Then I can get my books signed too. That would rock. But if you haven't read her books yet, come find me and I will let you borrow my copy. Such good books. I'm totally ADDICTED.

Okay, that's enough for now. I hope you had fun at the small glimpse into my latest springtime addictions!!! YAY!!!

1 comment:

Kar said...

Isn't spring weather the greatest? I have been soaking it in. It makes me so happy. This winter seemed especially long and hard to me.