Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Stress Cycle

When I'm stressed, I bake. You can always tell the level of which I am stressed based on the amount of baking I am doing. When I bake, I have a lot of food, when I have a lot of food, I like to share. When I share, it makes people happy. When people are happy they pass it on. Therefore, its probably a good thing I am stressed. Right? Ha ha.
     This semester is quickly coming to a close and with it is an added desire to write my little heart out. Jason Tyde is doing really really good right now and has my undivided attention for at least 30 minutes every day right now. Last Wednesday I sat down and wrote 20 single spaced pages, which equals close to 40 double spaced (which is the proper way to submit a manuscript) and I finally feel like I am making progress again! HOORAY!!!! Be so happy! The story has taken a turn I was not anticipating, but I think it is an AMAZING turn of events that will work out best for everyone.

    So, the last three nights I have had a similar dream. I keep having this dream that I am dating this really great guy and we do everything together, and then I wake up and it takes me a minute to shift back to reality. Although I do like these dreams, they also frustrate me. But, Dean is somewhere and sooner or later he will show up and we'll run off to the sunset together. ha ha. That will be a fun adventure, I am sure.

   I went and saw The Hunger Games after I finished the reading them. I love Peeta. AND, not only that, but the guy that plays Peeta in the movie (Josh Hutcherson) would be the PERFECT Nick if my book ever gets made into a movie. Seriously. Just look at him. PERFECT. Okay, he looks a little young, but that's good because by the time my book gets made into a movie he'll look like he's in his mid twenties. One day....one day my book will be done and we will make it into a movie and everyone will remember today when I was randomly talking about baking and dreaming.

    Um, so my BFF at my morning job, lets call him Tango, asked me to put together a soundtrack for Changing Tyde and I took my 150 song playlist down to 35 songs because he wanted to hear what I hear when I write. It has been an AMAZING tool to keep the story in mind. Its just been a FANTASTIC week. I will post the list later, I promise. Then you can hear what I hear when I look at the world...or at least the world of Jason and Kyla.

No comments: