Monday, February 13, 2012

Struggles

So, I go to the temple sometimes...not as often as I would like...but, I try to go frequently, and the other day (and by "other day" I mean a while ago, like at least a month or so) I was there and I try to think of anyone that could benefit from the prayer roll in the temple. I was getting ready to leave when one of my best friends came to mind and I put her name in. I didn't think much of it and hoped all was well with her and her family and that if not then the blessings of those prayers would hopefully lift her up. I went on my way and felt good about my temple experience.
      A while later (I can't remember how much longer...at least a couple weeks) I heard that my friend was struggling. I wished so much to give her a hug and tell her everything would be alright. But I couldn't be there in person, and words over the internet or through a text just didn't seem the same. I prayed on my own for comfort to be given, and I hope so greatly that it has been.
     My Mom told me recently how often she prays for me, even when she knows I'm doing okay because she doesn't always know when I'm not and she said that she knows even the strongest of people struggle at times and can use a prayer from someone else. This is one of the many reasons I love my Mom so much. She teaches me daily the importance of thinking of others and helping where you can.
     To my friend, if you happen to read this, I want you to know how much I love you. I wish there was more I could do to help you. You are in my prayers daily and I know that the Lord will strengthen you and your family through this difficult time. Thank you for the example of courage and strength you are to me. I think about you daily and hope that you are well. Thank you for always being there for me when I have been struggling, and know that I am always here for you when and if ever you need it.

Love,
Suzy

No comments: