Saturday, June 5, 2010

They got all the right friends in all the right places....

Well hello all my dear friends!
    So, in the last week I have had like 5 or 6 people ask me if I've lost weight. Isn't that the nicest thing to hear from random people? I love it. And to be honest it keeps me going. I have become a little OCD when it comes to the food I eat. I mean its not like I am going to turn things down like at the family BBQ we had on Memorial Day, but I am much more conscious of what I eat on my own. I also try and eat breakfast which is something I have never been good at. And, I keep "running" its really more of a light jog/walk right now, but I'm getting out of the house and moving. GLORIOUS!
     So, it is definitely summertime because I have found that I am listening to The Fray (How To Save A Life), Rob Thomas (Something To Be), Meese (Broadcast), and The Script (The Script) which are all summertime albums that I seem to listen to all summer long. It is so glorious to wake up to Man Who Can't Be Moved, or Over My Head (Cable Car). On the weekends when I don't have to get up as early as I do on the weekdays and my favorite part of waking up on those days is just sitting there in my bed thinking about life and listening to some amazing songs. I find I think most clearly just after I have woken up. It really is a fresh start with nothing to cloud my thoughts or my mind. Its truly awe inspiring.
     Let me tell you a little story. Once upon a time I was a kid. It was like 20 years ago. Okay, not that long, but still a goodly amount of time. I was a kid and I was lonely. I didn't have a lot of friends. Then one day after I had been praying for what seemed like forever, a new family moved in to the neighborhood. And lo and behold they had a daughter my age! We became quick friends and did many many things together. Then, just before high school started she moved away. Far away and I was very sad. We kept in contact a little bit, but it wasn't the same and I never forgot how great my friend was, or how much I missed her. Then, I grew up and went on a mission and at my farewell my friend came! I was shocked! And she brought her mother with her, who was always like a mom to me. I LOVE that family! LOVE THEM! for real. Any way, I got to say good bye to them before I left, which was a good thing because as it turned out my friend went on a mission herself like a week before I got home. Yeah, a WEEK. So, we didn't see each other for like 3 more years and it was sad, but that's okay because when my friend got home from her mission she started a blog. That's right a blog, but its not your usual blog. In fact, I think you should check it out...right HERE.  I followed it and found out that my friend's mother was publishing a cook book (which is amazing, BTW...you should check it out!!) and also that she was doing a book signing at Barnes and Noble sort of by my house. I practically live at Barnes and Noble...books books books...I call it "heaven" and can spend HOURS there, just ask Tex, that's where he and I always end up when we hang out. Any way, I went to the book signing and had so much fun!! If you get the chance to go, I HIGHLY reccomend it! Also, they are giving away a Blendtech kitchen mill. Pretty cool, I think you should check it out.
    In other news, I have been in the best mood to write. My goal is to have my first draft finished by the end of the summer. That's like 2 months. I think I can do it!! Tonight I was at the mall with a friend and we were in all the trendy stores comparing scents and Hollister has one called "Jake" NO JOKE!!! AND, it smells like Jake would, if he were a real person. Man I love those characters!! I wish they were real so we could hang out and stuff! Any way, best of luck this week!! I will be thinking of you all as I try not to die running, or actually jogging...lightly! Ha ha!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the link to Rachel's blog. I haven't seen/talked to that girl in FOREVER!!!

The Bag-ette said...

Let me re-echo the sentiment that you are a HOT TAMALE!! What good time we had. Remember that ball pit in my basement? We are definitely getting together soon.

Pete said...

Man I'm glad you threw that "if he were a real person" thing in there. Cuz I cant even tell you how many times I've smelled stuff at Hollister that I thought belonged to people I've made up. On the brightside at least it puts you in the mood to write. Then when you're done you can start on your next book and be at the grocery store and smell orange juice or something and think of the next guy you will make up and obsess over lol.

Soozee Carmichael said...

ha ha ha, Pete, I hate you LOL...