Tuesday, April 6, 2010

PATIENCE

not one of my strengths, and that is why my very loving Heavenly Father has been teaching me that heavenly virtue for years. Oh joy. I don't think I will ever get it down perfectly. But that's okay because He is showing me patience by putting up with my constant questioning and pondering things that I just need to be patient and wait out.
   I was being particular persistent this week in a prayer. I was asking about a concern I have had for some time that I have been told previously I just need to be patient about. So, I get ready for work and turn on my ipod to listen to on my way to work. Now, I don't have time to read my scriptures every morning, so I listen to a conference talk as I go to work and then study the good word at night when I am more awake. So, I keep everything on my ipod on repeat, including conference talks so that way I really have to think about what I can learn from whatever talk pops up. I really wasn't quite prepared for today's talk, even though it was entirely needed. It was Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on patience from the priesthood session. W-O-W. It was powerful. And even though it was given to the priesthood, I found LOTS of things I needed to hear. So, I am once again, for like the millionth time, working on patience. Isn't it wonderful? I knew you'd be as excited about it as I am.
    In other news, I went to my mission reunion, which was interesting. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing people from the mission. I decided before I went that I really wasn't going to see other missionaries, I was going to see Pres. and Sis. Wallis, so it didn't matter if I was only there for a few minutes and then left because I wasn't there for everyone else. Which was good because I ended up getting there late and had to leave as soon as it was over.
    Conference was amazing, and so was Easter. I LOVE Easter, it is my favorite holiday and has been for many years now. I LOVE spending time contemplating all that my Savior did for me. It is awesome, and I don't mean that like the slang word, but actually awe inspiring. I love Him more than anyone and I am trying really hard to be patient and trust Him.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I think patience is one of those virtues that gets pounded into everyone, all the time. We're all child-ISH when it comes to wanting what we want, right now, I think.

Kar said...

You are really such a spiritual person. I love your spiritual perspective on the trials you are going through. And I think it is fantastic that you listen to conference talks on your iPod. You are a great example. I need me one of those iPod dealies.

Emily Claire said...

Oh my goodness you were right! The patience talk was AMAZING! Likely to be printed out in small print and kept in my scriptures. I'm pretty sure that I'll never grow out of the need for more patience!