Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh the randomness...for real!!

Its been a while since I posted, my apologies! Life has been crazy, as usual.
    I had a really crappy day on Monday and just started texting one of my best friends that I hadn't talked to in a while. He ended up calling me and we talked for a while and it was great. I love having him around because he reminds me of the good things in my life. He helps me see the positive when I really don't want to. He just made my week a little bit brighter!
     So there's this guy in my ward that is taller than me, even in heels. He is hilarious and I decided we should be friends. And we are friends! HOORAY!! For future reference, we will call him Tall Dude, or TD for short.
     So it was Earth Day this week, and I have to laugh that Avatar came out on DVD on Earth Day because that movie is all about saving the planet...just not OUR planet! Ha ha ha...but for real, Earth Day. I remember when I lived in Washington every year they would give us a tree on Earth Day to take home and plant. Looking back I find this a little funny because Washington is COVERED in trees!
    This post is SUPER random because I am making cards and just finished watching this weeks episode of Vampire Diaries...I have to say I am not super impressed with the direction the show is going. I hate that they are turning Stefan into a druggie...its NOT COOL guys. AND it isn't following the books at all, just an FYI.
    Speaking of books (you are getting my full thought process as it pops into my head, just so you know) I finished reading the Percy Jackson series this week, such a good series! I loved them! They ended great and I was completely happy with it! HOORAY!!!
    I am currently looking for a new series of books....sort of because I have a whole bookcase full of books I haven't read, but I am more in the mood for a little bit more action-esq stories. And really I need something to keep me occupied for a few more weeks until the sequel to The Hourglass Door comes out because lets be honest, we all know that I will probably (more than likely) go by it the day it comes out because it is driving me insane that I don't know where the story is going. I won't say anymore since I know several people that are waiting for the series to end before they read them, but its an AWESOME book and I can't wait for The Golden Spiral (the title of the sequel, just an FYI) to come out on May 10th.
    I have a gift certificate to amazon.com and I can't think of what I want to spend it on...I think that's the first time in my life that's ever happened. I generally have a list of things I want to buy if I have the money, but this time I have just talked myself out of everything. And most things that I want aren't out yet, so I think I will just have to be patient and get something in a little while. Most of my brothers want me to get Burn Notice Season 3 on DVD when it comes out in June, so I might just wait for that because I still haven't seen the last 4 episodes and they aren't online anymore.
    Any way, this post has been SUPER DUPER random and I hope you were at least slightly entertained by it!!!

2 comments:

Nat said...

I keep wondering when they're going to get back to Bonnie and her grandma dying on Vampire Diaries. Like, she died, and then Bonnie disappears? Hmm. If I were to guess, though, I think that they'll have Stefan slowly wean back off blood. Or maybe it will become an "issue" for him and what's-her-butt - you know, for the DRAMA of it all. Or something.

Kar said...

I'm loving the misplaced modifier - "He's taller than me - even in heels!" It gives me a funny mental picture of the dude wearing heels. Anyways. It sounds like Pete really likes the direction Vampire Diaries is going. My hubs has just started watching the series. And he just started reading Percy Jackson, too! If you're looking for an action-esque book, read The Hunger Games and its sequel, Catching Fire. You won't be sorry. Trust me.