Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Happiness is just outside my window. I thought it'd crash blowing eighty miles an hour, but happiness is a little more like knocking on your door, you just let it in. Happiness feels a lot like sorrow, let it be, you can't make it come or go..."-Happiness by The Fray

So, the last little bit has been very interesting for me. I feel like I have been in completely foreign territory as far as my emotions have gone. Some time ago a friend confided in me some struggles they were having. It was no new information, in fact it was information I had either gathered on my own or things my friend had told me previously. But when we talked, and they actually talked to me about it, everything changed. Suddenly this friend, lets call them Jordan, was constantly on my mind. My heart ached for Jordan to come back, to see the world as I do but I realize that I can not make people see my testimony or the world as I see it.
    I have learned that we can not take things for granted, especially relationships with others. I feel like I have not told Jordan enough how much our friendship has meant to me in my life. I am always being told how I am such a good friend, how I'm always there for others...but have I let Jordan know how much their friendship has meant to me? And to be perfectly honest, I haven't. I have never told Jordan how much I have needed them in my life.
    The Lord is constantly there with me showing me so much. My journal is being filled with so many neat and very personal spiritual experiences lately. I know that we truly have a Heavenly Father, that knows and loves each and every one of us. I know that He is mindful of our situations and that he guides through our struggles. If you don't think he is there for you, then I beg you to please try and find Him. Get to know Him. He is always there, always wanting us to draw near unto Him. No struggle is so great, no sin is too terrible to keep us from the outstretched hands of our loving brother who wants to much to come to our aid in our time of need. We just have to let him in.
     So, I leave the challenge to each of you: Have you told those that are really most important in your life how much they mean to you? I mean I know that we have busy lives and we hope that those that are important know how much they mean to us...but how often do we verbalize it? How often do we tell those we love that we love them? That we appreciate all they do for us? The time is now, my friends. The time is now.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I love you Suzy! You are the greatest! :)

Kar said...

I'm really bad at verbalizing those kinds of things. I need to get over that.

Darling Details said...

So true! Great post suzy. Love ya!

Nat said...

Ah, so true. Because you never know when you need that person in your life, or when they need you. This is something that I've been trying to do in the last little bit-work on my friendships.