Monday, March 22, 2010

Good times, good times...

Remember Luke?? Yeah, that guy from my institute class last semester...well I keep running into him in random places. Its strange. Like ihop at 1:00 in the morning. I blogged about that last time very briefly, but let me go into it a little bit.
   So, my coworkers and I go to Ihop rather frequently. I don't know how this happened, or why it continues on, but it is a fun tradition and we have made a good friend there. Any way, we were there late one night and we were paying before we left. Now mind you, I looked like a homeless person. I was still wet from doing the dishes that night, my hair looked horrible ( I have to wear a baret at work, which is the most attrocious hat ever, and does nothing to improve my hair when I leave work!) and I just didn't feel cute...at all! So, we are all standing by the cash register and we heard the door open. Out of curiosity I glanced over at the door to see who it was and low and behold, Luke walks through the doors. "Hey Luke" I said quite casually. He looks over at me and says "Soozee, hey!" and walks over, he put his arm out I thought he was going to give someone a high five behind me or something...okay, I don't know what I was thinking, but next thing I know he is giving me a side hug (awkward, as I have previously mentioned on several occasions, but allowable since it was from Luke and he's never hugged me before; side hug or otherwise)  and I just stood there because he was too close for me to move my arm and give him a hug back and not only that, but I was so surprised that his arm was around me that I didn't move at all! So we talked for a minute, and I was still just so surprised to see him and I said "Wow, that is just so random" and he said "What, were you talking about me or something?" to which I replied, "No, not at all, I just didn't expect to see anyone I knew walk into Ihop at 1:00am." and then said our good byes and I haven't really talked to him since. Strange, but also kind of fun. It was nice to remember back to last semester and talking to Luke instead of freaking out like I have been lately.
    Speaking of my recent freak outs...I have taken a step back and examined my life and found that I need to be careful how much I choose to care. So, I have stopped freaking out and caring so much about things I can't really control and have prayed earnestly that the Lord will watch over those that I am worried about and I will figure out how they best fit into my life.
    In other news, I went to Salt Lake on Saturday night and hung out with Fort and my brother. It was a lot of fun and we watched a fairly entertaining movie and mocked it mercilessly. Highly entertaining. Good times were had by all, I believe.
    I finished the 2nd Percy Jackson book today and am about to start the 3rd. I really like this series of books and recommend it to all, especially if you liked the Harry Potter series. This is a great series of books and they are a very quick and easy read. I am glad my brother told me to start reading them. He is pretty awesome (ha ha, there's your shout out, brother!!)
    And now on to a new week!! I think it will be a good week and I hope for the best!

2 comments:

Nat said...

I've heard the Percy Jackon series is good; I'll have to check it out. I'm glad you got to run in to Luke, especially since it was so unexpected. YAY!

Kar said...

Ugh, I always run into people when I look like crap. People I don't want to look like crap in front of. So I feel your pain. And I hate sideways hugs!! They should be banned!!