Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have started about 3 or 4 new posts and then gotten frustrated with them and deleted them without publishing. Crazy, I know...so hopefully this one will get posted and you can actually read it!

So, a couple of weeks ago I met up with some friends in Salt Lake. One of them, who happens to be one of my best friends, had recently started dating someone and wanted me to meet them. It was slightly awkward for a little while because it was me and this couple. I generally don't hang out with a couple because then I am bound to feel like a third wheel, which I don't really like...so I try to avoid it as best I can. But, this was a special circumstance since it was one of my best friends. I feel that I dealt with the awkwardness well, but it was still pretty clear that I was not completely comfortable. But, I survived and am now moving on.

I am reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series...I am a huge fan. I haven't seen the movie yet, and I hear that the movie is nowhere near as good as the book, so it will be interesting to see. I am almost done with the second book and will probably take a break to read The Hourglass Door before finishing the Percy Jackson series. Also, I have been working on my own book, which is really fantastic. I love it. I love writing. I have found new inspiration and am excited to let in unfold on paper!

Well, that's the update on my life. Crazy, random, mostly fun. Hooray!!

Oh, also, I have finally found a name for my car...Logan. It totally fits!! I love it. I was hanging out with AHG and he helped me figure out a name for my car. I hadn't seen AHG in a LONG time, so it was fun to hang out with him again. ALSO, remember Cute institute boy from last semester? Yeah, I ran into him at IHOP at 1:00 AM the other night...he gave me an awkward side hug, and it was crazy, but also fun and random. I hadn't seen him in a while either. Its been a nice refreshing little bit of time here that I have run into old friends and found new ones!!

4 comments:

Emily Claire said...

SO I was trying to figure out the AHG acronym and I decided that it was probably a hot guy... guess I was wrong. We had so much fun!

Soozee Carmichael said...

Close, my friend, very close, but no...AHG is for Awkward Hug Guy...there's a link to the story. You did in fact meet him yesterday!

Nat said...

Ah, Logan. I love Logan (the place). I also loved that little car. It's almost like a foster car or something to me. Step car? Ex car? Anyway, that was a good little car for me and Pete.

Kar said...

Maybe I should read that Percy Jackson series. I'm sooo bored with the book I'm reading right now. I'm always looking for good book suggestions.