Saturday, April 23, 2016

We are all connected

Elizabeth Sinclair was born on the 18th of January 1766 in Islands, Orkney, Scotland. She died on the 17th of January 1783. This is about all the information I have about her. She is a distant relative of mine, and today was a very good day for her. In a small town of little consequence in the heart of Utah, she was remembered. She was looked after, and she was saved. I did not find her name in the records of my family. I did not do much of the work, but I did make sure that she was not forgotten today. And I'm pretty sure she was very happy to be remembered. One day, in the eternities, I hope to give her a hug and thank her for letting me a part of today. I feel connected to her in a way that I can't really describe. She is my family. And family looks out for each other. I hope that I do not forget the feelings I have felt today. This post is mostly for myself so I don't forget, but also I wanted to share it so that we can all be reminded how important our families are. Even those members that we have never met. And will never meet in this life. Family. It's about time.

No comments: