Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summertime


So, its been a while since I last posted. I've been busy. Last week, I was hating the world (which has been happening more and more lately) so I decided to go to a movie....by myself. I've done this before, and I only feel awkward until the movie starts. Any way, I went and saw X-Men: First Class because I am a TOTAL geek at heart...I have 6 brothers, therefore I watched a lot of super hero cartoons instead of girly ones...so yeah, a new X-Men movie, I was excited. So I went alone. It was AWESOME. Probably my favorite one so far.

In honor of its release, my BFF Fort requested for her birthday that I make an X-Men cake, so I took the movie poster and created the cake from that. Its not as awesome as I was hoping for, but I am still quite proud of it. I mean I had to carve the top part out and then frost it (which was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be).

The cake says: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters-First Class, in case you were wondering. If I were to do this cake again (which I just might) I have a few ideas on how to improve its awesomeness. In the meantime, I am already coming up with how to make the next birthday cake I make as awesome. Here's a little sneak peek of the theme for that one:


    Like I said, I really liked X-Men, and after I watched it I was on a James McAvoy kick...because he's Professor Charles Xavier in the movie. You have no idea who James McAvoy is? That is sad. He's one of my favorite actors. I have seen him play a plethora of different roles, and I think he does a pretty good job. I own a few movies with him in them (Penelope, Becoming Jane, Gnomeo and Juliet...he's the voice of Gnomeo) and then I was hanging out with my friend at her apartment and her room mate is in LOVE with James McAvoy, so I saw one of his movies I had not seen before...it was called Atonement. It was REALLY sad, but I actually really liked it. I won't go into the storyline of it, but it is a story that reminds you that life isn't always fair, and people don't always get their happy endings. It was sad, but good.
      Despite the sad movie, it was a fun day. I made some new friends and have been enjoying my summertime off. I wrote like 15 pages of my book the other day, which was awesome. It might actually start coming along again, now that I have some time to write! HOORAY!!!!

No comments: