Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Much Anticipated Recipe

I know that you have all been DYING to get your hands on this recipe....well, those of you that don't already have it! Ha ha...I got this recipe from my sister in law when we were cooking it up once a month (which, BTW, we need to start doing again!!) And this has become a favorite of my friends. I make these all the time because they are easy and delicious and look super fancy.


Mini Chocolate Tarts

Tart shells:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter melted.

Mix ingredients together. Fill well greased mini muffin pans 3/4 full with batter and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Once they are baked, I usually let them cool for a minute and then I use a tart press to press the centers down, but you can use a 2-liter soda lid, or something about that size. then I let them sit for about 5 more minutes before I take them out to cool completely.

Filling:
1 box instant chocolate pudding (the smaller box)
1 cup half and half
1 8oz. container cool whip

combine the pudding mix and the half and half until smooth, then fold in the cool whip. I use a pastry bag and tip to create a swirl pattern on the tops of mine, but you can just spoon them in as well. I have topped them with toffee, smothered them in white and milk chocolate. I've cut strawberries up and put those on top, but my favorite is probably to take Ande's Mints chips and top the tarts with those and then just drizzle some milk chocolate on top of those. The possibilities are ENDLESS. I hope you enjoy!

Also, you can try different types of pudding mixes. Lemon cake mix with lemon pudding for the filling is delightful (one of my sisters in law made them and I fell in love!) Also, cheesecake pudding is a huge hit with the different parties I've taken them to. So, go crazy, have fun, and make up your own creation!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!