Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh no, I'm turning into B!!!

I decided that I hated my layout and background...so I'm trying something new. What do you think? I love paisleys, and this one screamed my name!!

So, it has been a while since I posted...sorry about that. My life has been oh so "exciting". Well, to begin, I started reading the Twilight series which I was so incredibly skeptical about and ended up addicted to them and I feel like I'm going through with drawls while I wait for the last book to come out this weekend. I will say this, though, I can see why people wouldn't like them. I'm not telling you their the best books ever, or that you just have to read them or you're not a good mormon...no, I wouldn't say that at all...in fact I know a number of people who don't like them because they aren't very mormon-y. But, I did enjoy them, and am now sucked in completely and will be out at midnight to purchase the last book and will probably have it read by the end of the day on Saturday (who needs sleep any way?) and if you want, I will tell you what I thought, but again, I don't want to push them on you...its entirely your choice.
So...I say that a lot, and begin almost every post that way (so...) I should probably work on that. Well, I keep having epiphanies this last week...its crazy. I have decided on a major. I think I'm going to be an English major (no mocking please, I am hard enough on myself) and get a teaching degree or something and be an English teacher. That's what I feel like I should do. I have been bitten with a writing bug that I haven't been bit with in a while...the only problem is that I hate how cheesy my stories are, so I am trying to work through that. But, I am finally feeling really good about going back to school and I feel like I have a purpose and a plan! It really is quite fabulous!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome on deciding on a major! I think that you should go for it! And as for liking Twilight- you can just say it, own it, yell it out. Don't worry about offending people, and you can totally reccomend them. I think that I'll start on reading them after the last book comes out. I have gotten sucked into way to many series to just have to sit and wait for years for the rest of the books to come out. And as far as games go- how about Friday night? It sounds like you'll be up late anyway. :) I'll call ya later!

Amy said...

PS- I love your new background. Where did you find it?

Nat said...

YAY for being an English major! That will be awesome for you. Are you going to stay at UVU or whatever it's called now? My sister did that at BYU and was a teacher for a while.

Twilight...I didn't like it very much. It was a fast read, but I have no desire to read the others in the series.

I like your background. I've changed mine the one time, and I've been thinking about changing it again, but haven't taken the time to do it yet. Someday, I guess.

Kar said...

Hey, Suzy!! I am now stalking your blog. :) And if you need any advice in the "becoming an English teacher" thing, you can ask me, because I was an English teacher for four years! It's a great job, but ONLY IF YOU LIKE KIDS. Because you do 90% disciplining, and 10% actual English teaching. P.S., I love your new template!