Monday, August 22, 2016

Best. Day. Ever....or something

Okay. So. Almost a year ago I replaced Tom Hiddleston as my favorite actor. I replaced him with Richard Armitage after I watched North and South this time last year. It's AMAZING if you haven't seen it. And today is Richard's birthday. For a full post on the awesomeness of his birthday, go check out my StarStruck Baking blog at the link to the right of this section. But, in honor of his birthday and because of how much I LOVED North and South, I thought I'd share a found poem I wrote from page 192 of the novel North and South by Elizabeth Gaskill.

And, for those that may not be aware of what a found poem is, it's when you take a page of text and create a poem using only the words on that page. It can be tricky, but I have found it to be so rewarding. So, here it is:

Fancied Words
A Found Poem by Soozee Carmichael


I simply escape from obligation
and choose a natural sanctity of pride.
To find gladness that sharpens life
with him henceforward, a stern gratitude
of passion and existence would feel triumphant.

Haste should not be pungently natural
or a question to myself of intensity.
A calm value to him, whom I come
to owe love and determination of an honest existence.
Fancied or not fancied.

I will love his voice with tender intensity
and a gladness that is pure and deep.
I exult in a rather hastily and thoughtless love.
Looking by instinct, faltering to his hand
I simply knew his words would not be stopped.




Any way, there you go! Hope you enjoyed the poem and if you haven't already, go watch North and South. It's on Netflix and everything!

No comments: