Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vanilla Mouse Cheesecake

I have made this cheesecake twice now, with HUGE results both times. The first time I was commissioned by my coworkers at the evening job. I made it, but told them I had to take a bigger slice of it to give to a particular boy, who in fact loved it. He told me that he shared the piece I gave him (because it really was a huge piece) with his friend that he lives with, and his friends wife. Apparently, his friend's wife is a really good cook, and according to Digger, she said it was the best cheesecake she's ever tasted. And he said that about it as well...so, I keep getting rave reviews on it. You should try it out too!!! Here you go:

Philadelphia vanilla mousse cheesecake

40 Nilla wafers, crushed
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar, divided
1 Tablespoon plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided
3 eggs
1 tub (8 oz) cool whip
**heat oven to 325. Mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Beat 3 pkgs of cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tablespoon vanilla will mixer till well blended. add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each one till blended. pour over crust. Bake 50 to 55 min or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake and cool in pan, completely. Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl till well blended. whisk in cool whip and spread over cheesecake. refrigerate for 4 hours. remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds delicious! I have copied down the recipe. Maybe I can make it for Jeff's birthday once things settle down a little bit around here.

Kelly said...

It was a very delicious cheesecake! I shouldn't have given it back to you after you stored it in our fridge!