Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Cake of EPIC Proportions

I think I have outdone myself this time. It did take Emily to accomplish this one, though. The two of us command a kitchen like a captain commands a ship. We decided we should have a cooking show on Food Network...it would be awesome and hilarious, and oh the deliciousness! Any way, here is the cake we made last Thursday:

yes, those are chocolate covered strawberries on top, and yes those are pirouette cookies on top. EPIC, and I hate that term. Then, yesterday, we decided to try making a cupcake version of the above, and this is how it turned out:



Mmmmmmm.....yummy....inside there is a custard made from scratch, and the frosting is a whipped cream frosting that is heavenly and delicious. I have actually been asked to do this cake for the top of a wedding cake for a friend of mine. SCARY! But, with Emily's help we can conquer anything! Hooray!!!


And hey, while you are at it, see if you can spot me in this music video:

2 comments:

Soozee Carmichael said...

I actually couldn't see myself in the music video, but I was there, that counts for something, right?!

Jennifer said...

The strawberry was DIVINE!! Thanks a million. You are awesome! Hope this week is going well and we can get together Friday unless this baby decides to make his appearance!